6 Ways to Have a Healthy Weekend in Los Angeles
Whether you live in L.A. or just visiting, there are endless activities to keep you moving. Here are a few of my favorites!
1. Go for a hike
Hiking is one of the best ways to get exercise, be in nature, and see epic urban views.
- My favorite trail is hiking around the Griffith Park Observatory. If you start at the entrance just above the Greek Theatre you can go up above the Observatory and get 360 views.
- For a slightly more challenging but fun hike is doing the Runyon Canyon hike. This one is gorgeous and surrounded by beautiful Hollywood Hills and views of the city. If you aren’t a fan of crowds I would skip this one! Pic of Runyon Below.
- For a locals secret, check out Ernest Debs Park and hike to the top for views of Downtown L.A. Also, enjoy a beautiful hidden pond where you can sit and have some peace and quiet from the city noise.
2. Rent a bike in the city or head to the beach
- Try the metro city bikes if you are wanting to cruise around town! We took our bikes from 6th and Spring St. to the Arts District near Angel City Brewery. if you do this path you can drop the bikes off and head over to enjoy one of the many restaurants in the neighborhood.
- If you want to head to the beach to rent bikes try Santa Monica or Venice. I’ve rented bikes from both of these places and it was an easy process. You’ll be on your way in no time. There are a few options on each beach and you can cruise along the ocean between Venice and Santa Monica and beyond!
3. Try yoga or meditation at a Buddist Temple or Yoga studio
- Relax your mind and distress with meditation. If you need some meditation guidance, there are a few temples around L.A. Check these out Hollywood or Hermosa Beach.
- If you want to try yoga check out Yoga Circle or Evoke Yoga in Downtown Los Angeles.
4. Head to a farmers market
- The weekend is the best time to prepare for your busy week. Get fresh produce from the many farmer’s markets around Los Angeles.
- You can find local fresh produce, flowers, and small business goods in Larchmont, Hollywood, Arts District, Downtown, and Silverlake, every weekend! Here is a long list of places that you can find in L.A. More Farmer’s Markets
5. Try a fitness class
- There are numerous fitness centers with group classes throughout Los Angeles and there isn’t a shortage of fitness trainers so take advantage of it! Here are a few to check out.
- YAS spinning classes in Hollywood
- Cardio Bar in Eagle Rock
- JustFit LA in South Pasadena – of course, I had to throw myself in there. If you are looking for something with one on one attention to target your specific goals then send me an email!
Check out these benefits of hiring a personal trainer in Pasadena.
6. Visit a vegan restaurant
- Try out the acai bowl at Gratitude Cafe in Larchmont
- Get yourself the Ensalada de Permission at Gracias Madre in West Hollywood
Leave a comment to add more healthy items to this list or ask me a question!!
Have a great day!